Re: [RRG] thoughts on the design space 3: caching

|The BGP data indicates that out of 250K stored routes, most routers
|use only 25K of those routes. So isn't that a bit of wasted memory as
|well as come-up convergence time?

I believe that this isn't an accurate characterization. From the data that I've seen, most routes are being used. However, I could easily believe that
many, many routes could be eliminated if we were able to aggregate
maximally.

Dino, if you have pointers to primary data sources to the contrary, could
you please post them?

Tony

There are plenty of operators on this list who can publicly comment. I talk to a lot of customers and that is the number they state. I have to protect their identity due to confidentiality agreements.

Dino