[RRG] GLI-Split

Hi,

most Loc/ID proposals use a locator for interdomain routing, but they still use the identifier for intradomain routing. The global locator, local locator, and identifier split (GLI-Split) that implements a true Loc/ID split:

http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/staff/menth/Publications/papers/Menth08-GLI-Split.pdf

We are happy to receive feedback to this draft. The solution is backward-compatible with the legacy IPv6 Internet and supports mobility. It requires modification of the networking stack, but there is also a slim version of GLI-Split that works with legacy IPv6 equipment which is not covered in the paper. It is certainly not perfect, but we believe that it explores an interesting part of the design space.

My colleague Matthias Hartmann attends the IETF meeting in Dublin.
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~hartmann/

He would like to discuss with you, if possible already before Friday. Just contact him!

Regards,

   Michael

--
Dr. Michael Menth, Assistant Professor
University of Wuerzburg, Institute of Computer Science