Re: [RRG] thoughts on the design space 1: the space

Jari,

Some time ago we discussed whether a hierarchical view of
the options is sufficient, and I know some of us (including me)
concluded that it isn't, and that we really need a facet-based
view. I think that hierarchies such as you have drawn tend to
conceal similarities. But if you stick to hierarchies, I think
you need at least one more, taking the view from the upper layer
protocols. So I think we need a view like this too:

          Application
     Path-aware    Path-unaware
                   Transport
           Path-aware     Path-unaware