Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

    > From: "Tony Li" <tony.li@tony.li>

    > the acceptability of renumbering. How do folks feel about an
    > architectural solution requiring renumbering to retain scalability?

Depends on what namespace you're talking about changing names in, I suspect.

For an identification namespace, renumbering is probably painful and must be
rare, and have a high-value output for it to be feasible (e.g. gaining access
to some new capability).

On the other hand, in a location namespace, any system _must_ support
renumbering at a 'reasonable' cost, and people _must be willing to accept that
cost_ when they change their location (e.g. changing ISPs) - just like
everyone accepts that when you move to a new building, your mailing address
changes, and you have to print all new stationery.

The interesting question is whether people will accept having to change their
location-name if we decide to rejigger the abstraction hierarchy...

	Noel