RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

|Exactly, I fully agree.  The next question is whether the practice of
|configuring remote addresses in filtering devices is common.  I hope
|it's not.  Does anyone on this list have experience or data on this?

Unfortunately, the practice of putting remote addresses into firewall ACLs
is all too common.  Of course, there's a name we have for sites that do
this: pwned.

That said, this is such a colossaly bad practice, that I would have no
trouble supporting architectures that forced people to rethink this.

Tony