RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

Title: RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

Resending from my work account (scary) because mauigateway.com isn't allowed to send email to the list any longer...

Comments inline...

------ dino@cisco.com wrote: ---------
Eric, let me ask a question to you, as you represent a large
enterprise site.
-------------------------------------

I would like to respond for the medium networks.  My current background
is on a state-wide network with ~100K DSL users and ~200 leased line
customers ranging from T1s to multiple 100Meg circuits.

-------------------------------------
If you knew you could get more bandwidth out of *all* your SP links by
renumbering, would that be considered that a business expense?

And if you knew you could get more bandwidth out of your links by also
being a good net citizen by not injecting non-aggregatable routes into
the core, would they weight into your decision to  spend effort
deploying a Loc/ID split solution?

The only thing that I'd be able to use to convince the upper management
is "more bandwidth".  They wouldn't care about being a good netizen and
they hold the purse strings.  Being a good netizen would, though, be a
value add to make me work harder to convince the mucky-mucks up there...

scott