[RRG] RE: ALT oeprational model

We really don't know what sort of performance we need out of an ALT provider or of the ALT as a whole.  This to me is also an area of further research.  I think we can say with certainty that the volume of BGP messages will be lower than that of what there is today, but even here there is room for research.  For instance, when should peering be made and when should a route simply be announced from the provider without any direct contact from the subscriber?  What are the performance impacts and to whom?

I was under the impression from the presentations that I've seen that folks had converged.   If it's still open, then I look forward to further updates.

Tony