RE: [RRG] Consensus check: renumbering

Hi Noel,

|    > I don't think that end users will care one whit about
|which namespace
|    > they're renumbering. The work's the same. ;-)
|
|Well, no it's not, actually - which is one of the chief points
|of having more
|than one namespace.

Let me come at this from a different perspective: the truly painful event
that is the large issue for folks like Eric is the prospect of having to
reconfigure each and every host within the site.  This is work that scales
linearly or super-linearly with the size of the site.

To the site administrators, whether they are changing IPv4 addresses, IPv6
addresses, FQDN's or public/private key pairs, the pain is pretty much the
same.  Touching everything *hurts*.

That said, yes, for most schemes this event happens when you renumber the
identifier namespace.  However, I really don't want to get hung up on which
namespace it is that causes this level of pain.

Is this sufficient clarification?  If not, care to propose a wording change?

Tony