RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

Hi Noel,

|This message triggered a rather depressing thought.
|
|As long as the registries continue to hand out PI space, and
|as long as the
|ISP's continue to accept and advertise them, most of this
|whole RRF effort is
|an utter waste of time. (Specifically, any designs which
|assume *any* effort
|on the part of users/etc are total non-starters.)

So, part of our recommendation will likely be to cease the current practice
of disseminating PI addresses in favor of alternative addressing
architectures.  These would necessarily be coupled, so that our recommended
solution would become available at the same time that PI accessibility
ceased.  Obviously, some timing details need to be worked out so that we
have an engineering solution that clearly does work (in practice, not just
on paper) before we can phase out PI.

Cheer up already...  We're part of the solution.  ;-)

Tony