Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

If PI is available, then all users will tend to cling to it, avoiding any other possible solution. Our entire job is to give them an alternative.

No not true. Since PI addressing is so popular and saves so much in opex, we should come up with a solution that allows or embraces it.

Let them cling to it, they have stated the desire to use them, let's just keep them out of core routing. You can't beat their arguments.

We have said this many times before in LISP fora, PI addresses used at sites are the EID-prefixes that map to topologically aggregatable locators.

This is what we are doing in the LISP testbed by using IPv4 EID- prefixes from PI block 153.16.0.0/16 and IPv6 EID-prefixes from PI block 2610:00d0::/32.

IMO, this is a solved problem. All we need is a lot more testing and some deployment experience.

Dino