Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

On Sep 3, 2008, at 10:18 AM, Tony Li wrote:
If PI is available, then all users will tend to cling to it, avoiding any other possible solution. Our entire job is to give them an alternative.

Or, we provide a mechanism that allows the users to continue to use their 'PI addresses' but disassociates the network topological significance from those 'addresses'.

I'm with Noel here about being depressed. I fear discussions about changing business models or forcing users to deploy IPv6ng or define new APIs and demand OS vendors and application writers to rewrite their code yet again is, to quote Noel, "an utter waste of time". It has been two years since the IAB Amsterdam workshop kicked off this round of RRG and as far as I can tell, there hasn't been consensus on much of anything other than we should "do it right".

I've asked in the past but have not gotten an answer: what are the constraining assumptions RRG is working under in terms of timeframes and infrastructure replacement?

Thanks,
-drc