RE: [RRG] 2 billion IP cellphones in 2103 & mass adoption of IPv6 by currentIPv4 users

Noel,

It seems like we are still early enough along in IPv6 deployment
such that the address space has not become sufficiently fragmented
to preclude rules such as:

  Prefix:    Action:
  ABCD::/3   route
  XYZW::/3   map+encaps
  (etc)

So, if we have one or a few coarse-grained prefixes that a
router can use to tell whether something should be routed
or map/encaps'd, that should be sufficient to keep the
routing tables small - right?

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com