Re: how mobile do we want to be

Thierry Ernst wrote:

I have to take the opportunity of this mail to mention that a few people
and I are involved into setting up a BOF in Paris. I would be called
"Monami6" i.e. MObile NOdes and Multiple Interfaces in IPv6".  We still
have to come up with clear problem statement drafts and a charter
description, we are working on it and we should come up with something
clear enough in the course of mid-april / end of april. The ML is
already set up on the IETF mailman server but I will make a proper
annoucement when drafts are updated on the IETF reposirtory are we would
prefer to have comments on the updated versions.

This BOF would be clearly about bringing additional mechanisms to mobile
host or routers operating Mobile IPv6 or NEMO BS.

I sure hope the Monami6 BoF scope can be wider so that we can discuss the full set of interaction between multihoming and IP mobility, and not just discuss the multiple-CoA thing.

Registering multiple CoAs might be an important piece in the puzzle, but without looking at the whole problem it is impossible to tell how critical that (or any other) piece is.

   Erik