Re: Flow label versus Extension header

marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:
The dificulties with the Extension header is clear, i guess:
- overhead. However, it must be noted that this overhead only occurs when there have been a rehoming event, i.e. when no rehoming has occurred, no need for the extension header in data packets, since there is no need to demultiplex.
the benefit of this approach is that is cleaner and that is probably simpler (since we can use a 128 bit context tag, making sure that is unique)

Any additional considerations?

Payload MTU size will be reduced for the packets carrying the extension header. But I think that is a small price to pay for a clean solution.

   Brian