Re: Middleboxes [Was: Flow label versus Extension header - protocol itself]

On 9-mei-2005, at 14:44, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

So unless having potential middlebox implementation compatibility is a great hardship we shouldn't break it.

But I think it will be a great hardship, simply because of IPSEC.

Wouldn't IPsec be just another higher layer protocol to the shim?

Since the address fields are restored to their original state, even AH should work.