Re: are there any news about the creation of the shim wg?

Hi Geoff,

El 27/05/2005, a las 4:54, Geoff Huston escribió:

At 10:08 PM 26/05/2005, marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:
Can we expect to have a shim wg for Paris?

Yes, I have been assured by our assumed-to-be-AD, Margaret, that this will be the case. The shim6 proposed charter was submitted to the IESG some weeks back and we are now awaiting the outcomes of the IESG's considerations of this proposed charter.

ok thanks,

Kurtis and I were thinking of a 2 hour slot for this initial wg meeting. We could make some starting movement now by thinking about what we'd like to achieve in terms of preparation for the Paris meeting and what we'd like to consider at the face-to-face meeting.

Well, i guess that there a couple of issues that we have been discussing that are relevant imho:
- context tags: where to carry them?
- shim state management: in particular, how to finnish shim sessions (how to discard shim state, garbage collection) how to detect state loss, and its relation with other signaling.

i guess we still have a long way to get consensus, but it may be worth discussing about this...

regards, marcelo

regards,

    Geoff