I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-shim6-reach-detect-00.txt

This draft is a work item of the Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Shim6 Reachability Detection
        Author(s)       : I. van Beijnum
        Filename        : draft-ietf-shim6-reach-detect-00.txt
        Pages           : 6
        Date            : 2005-7-14

This draft discusses the issues of detecting failures in a currently
used address pair between two hosts and picking a new address pair to
be used when a failure occurs. The input for these processes are
ordered lists of local and remote addresses that are reasonably likely
to work. (I.e., not include addresses that are known to be unreachable
for local reasons.) These lists must be available at both ends of the
communication, although the ordering may differ. Building these address
lists from locally available information and synchronizing them with
the remote end are outside the scope of this document.

This text is for the most part based on discussions on the multi6 list,
several multi6 design team lists and the shim6 list, with notable
contributions from Erik Nordmark and Marcelo Bagnulo

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-reach-detect-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request@ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.