Re: failure detection

El 14/08/2005, a las 16:49, Paul Jakma escribió:

(and again, I hope this WG will disabuse itself of the notion that extra signals /down/ from transports to shim6 can even be considered at this early stage in shim6's life).

FWIW, TCP for instance already provide some form of such signaling see Appendix E.1 of RFC 2461
Of course other ULP don't provide any kind of feedback.

So i guess it would be a better not to fully rely on ULP feedback, but otoh not using the information that some ULP provide seems suboptimal to me.

Regards, marcelo

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie	paul@jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A