Announcement of an Interim Meeting of the Shim6 Working Group

Hi,

Kurtis and I, your co-chairs would like to convene an interim meeting of this
working group on the 8th and 9th October 2005. This interim meeting is not
intended to replace a regular IETF meeting of this working group - we fully
intend to meet at Vancouver in November 2005. However in order
to ensure that we can achieve our charter milestones it is considered necessary
to take some extended time in the interim to consider the details of the
activity and ensure that the various components of the activity work to a
cohesive whole.

Note that this is immediately before the RIPE meeting, at the same venue.

An announcement will be posted to the IETF announce list shortly.

If you intend to come to this meeting please let us know, so that we can
ensure that the room is the right size. Mail to Kurtis at the address
above would be appreciated  if you are coming.

MANY THANKS to the RIPE NCC for being the sponsor of this meeting!

thanks,

  Kurtis & Geoff

====================================

Interim Meeting Announcement

Working Group: SHIM6 (Site Multi-Homing for IPv6)

Dates: Saturday 8th October, Sunday 9th October 2005

Times: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

Location: Hotel Krasnapolsky, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Proposed Agenda:

  Proposed Agenda

  1. Review of current status

  2. Presentation by lead authors on working documents:
        Protocol
        Crypto Locators
        Triggers
        Applicability

  3. Issue identification
        Potential areas:
            locator pairing discovery
            locator pairing state maintenance / cache management
            upper level protocol API / signalling
            mobility implications
            packet header format / content
            shim equivalence state behaviour

  4. Functional decomposition

  5. Next steps (deliverables for Vancouver)

  6. AOB

Chairs: Kurtis Lindqvist, Geoff Huston