Re: IPv6 Multi-homing BOF at NANOG 35

NANOG = network operators in the sense of ISPs and the like. The
solution that the shim6 is working on does NOT apply to this
demographic.

The ISP community is the primary direct beneficiary of shim6 and will have to work with their customers to help implement it. If the operational community is interested in the long term scalability of the routing subsystem, then we need to implement the changes to the routing architecture necessary to not advertise per-organization prefixes globally and shim6 is the best way that we have of doing that.

Shim6 needs ISP support, plain and simple.

Tony