Re: shim header in every shimmed packet

El 12/10/2005, a las 10:34, Iljitsch van Beijnum escribió:

big cut...

Considering all of this, I think adding a bit and a single insert shim header / don't insert shim header decision into the core spec and therefore (presumably) all implementations isn't too much to ask.

Let me see if i understand:
Do you want that the base spec explicitly adds a bit in the context establishment exchange that means that insert/don't insert shim header and nothing else so that in other document where the mechanisms for suppressing the shim header can use that?, or Do you want to include both the bit in the establishment exchange and the mechanisms used to suppress the shim header in the core shim spec?

I mean are we talking about adding a single bit for future extensibility or the bit plus the complete sets of mechanisms in the core spec?

Regards, marcelo

Iljitsch