Re: IPv6 Multi-homing BOF at NANOG 35

Brian E Carpenter wrote:

How then does the ISP perform any traffic engineering if all of the control is in the end-host? That needs a _lot_ of focus because ISPs aren't going to put their
COGS into the hands of their end users.

See the TLV discussion that Jason started. While I'm not sure he has
the right mechanism, there is definitely a requirement for hosts
to switch locators on request from a TE function as well as on outage.

I am assuming all hosts are hostile. Now what.

Understood, but do not forget inbound path selection or weighting or preference or whatever you want to call it. That needs to be controllable from the network
level, not from the end hosts.

Yep. I think that is also a case where hosts will need to switch
on request.

They don't.

/vijay