Fwd: shim6 @ NANOG (forwarded note from John Payne)

[Just on shim6]

Begin forwarded message:

Should be doable with a DNS SRV record like mechanism. Don't worry
too much about this one.

Where does the assumption that the network operators control the DNS for
the end hosts come from?

Thin air I think. Certainly isn't the case with a large number of domains we host.

Well, I guess we'll have to dust off A6 records... Those were created for this exact purpose.

We were talking about traffic engineering here, but this problem applies to simply having multiple AAAA records too, to a lesser degree, which is a fairly important notion in what we're trying to do...