Re: [Fwd: Review comments on draft-ietf-shim6-proto-03.txt]

Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

I do make the observation that our charter says :

o Compatibility will remain for existing mobility mechanisms. It will
be possible to use Mobile IPv6 on a node that also supports Shim6.
However, any optimizations or advanced configurations are out of
scope for shim6.

So I am kind of inclined to agree with Geoff :-)

Although I can't say I feel strongly either...

I know what the charter says and I don't have problem with that.

But I don't think the charter text means that we can't make *observations* in our documents - there are no optimizations or advanced configurations specified in the text that is in the document.

   Erik