Re: shim6 @ NANOG (forwarded note from John Payne)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

This is doable if we support proxy shim6 in middleboxes.

Doing shim6 in a middlebox for a legacy host may be challenging, but worthwhile because it makes deployment so much easier.

FWIW, being one of the people who argued for this a while ago, on mature reflection I think this is unimportant and now agree with anyone who argued against me (particularly if from a "state in the middle is awkward" POV).

Right. So how do we solve this? Second shim? Shim-before-syn?

Why not shim in parallel? The network locator in the packet which just arrived in is, 99.99% of the time, good for replying to at least.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie	paul@jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: