Re: [narten@us.ibm.com: PI addressing in IPv6 advances in ARIN]

Joe,

I just want to be sure I understand you.

Are you saying that de-aggrgegation (individual PI or more specifics
of one of the upstream's PA) will continue to be the only multi-homing
solution for those who need advanced TE capabilities?

Are you suggesting that the size of the IPv4 and IPv6 routing system that
results from "traditional IPv4 style" multi-homing will not be a problem
that needs to be solved by some other multi-homing solution that does not
use de-aggregation?

Are you suggesting that hardware is or will be sufficently large to be at
least seven years ahead of the route table growth, and still remain
affordable?

___Jason

Jason Schiller                                               (703)886.6648
Senior Internet Network Engineer                         fax:(703)886.0512
Public IP Global Network Engineering                       schiller@uu.net
UUNET / Verizon                         jason.schiller@verizonbusiness.com

The good news about having an email address that is twice as long is that
it increases traffic on the Internet.