Re: transparent addrsel policy adjustment for outbound TE

marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:

unless remote resolvers explicitly query for the SRV records, and they use that information to order the list of addresses returned to the app, in which case this works and does not require upgrading the app to query for SRV records. In this case, there is no kludgery AFAICT and it seems to work fine and be easier to deploy. imho this may be useful if we go to the path of using the DNS to express preferences about locators for incoming communications

*If* we go with SRV records at names like _shim6._ip.FQDN, then the applications don't have to be modified; the getaddrinfo() implementation (often implemented in a resolver library) can handle this transparent to the application.

   Erik