RE: questions about draft-wen-ipv6-rsra-opt-multihoming-00

Lawrence,

In current IPv6 multihoming site, each hosts in this site can have multiple
prefixes from different exit routers. It cannot identify which ISP assignes
the exact prefix, because there is no extra information in prefix information
option.

The multi-homing information defined in this draft is used along with prefix
information option. It will provide extra information for host to do selection.
Host only selects the prefix from the desired ISP to form its IPv6 address,
of course, the corresponding exit router will be cached. Other prefixes from
other routers will not be used to form IP address. For example, STB may
only want services from IPTV service provider. Other prefixes from other
service providers are useless for itself.

Host knows which ISP it will got its service, and it also knows its exit router
is the edge router of the desired ISP. But it doesn't know the network topology,
it doesn't know the exact exit router either, unless multi-homing informaiton
option is used along the prefix information option.

Best regards,

Haibo