RE: RE: questions about draft-wen-ipv6-rsra-opt-multihoming-00

Hi Geoff,

I am wondering the exact meaning of your email. Are you meaning that
some discussions in this particular thread have less relevance with
shim6 or the whole thread has less relelevance to shim6?

This document tries to solve the source address selection and exit
router selection, which is related to the following working item from
the charter of shim:
"In addition to the network layer shim solution, the shim6 WG is
specifically chartered to work on:
 Solutions for site exit router selection that work when each ISP
uses ingress filtering, i.e. when the chosen site exit needs to
be related to the source address chosen by the host. This site
exit router selection and the associated address selection
process should work whether or not the peer site supports
the shim6 protocol."

Best regards,

Haibo