Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-shim6-applicability-01.txt

On 7-Jun-2006, at 19:28, Geoff Huston wrote:

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation Working Group of the IETF.

Title : Applicability Statement for the Level 3 Multihoming Shim Protocol (Shim6)
        Author(s)       : M. Bagnulo, J. Abley
        Filename        : draft-ietf-shim6-applicability-01.txt
        Pages           : 23
        Date            : 2006-6-7

This document discusses the applicability of the Shim6 IPv6 protocol
element and associated support protocols to provide site multihoming
   capabilities in IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6- applicability-01.txt

Thanks, Geoff.

A note to the working group -- this document is incomplete and needs work in many areas. However, Marcelo and I decided that it was best to ship this revision as-is, so that the general tone and structure of the document can be appreciated, rather than risk missing the draft cut-off which would make discussion of the draft before and during the meeting in Montreal more difficult.

So, while reviews of the content as well as the tone and structure would be fabulous to receive, as ever, any observations that "this document is not ready to be published" will be met with a terse "yes, we know". :-)

Joe