Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-shim6-applicability-01.txt

Comments:

5.1.1.  Multi-homed Home Network

   In this case, the Home Network of the Mobile Node (MN) is multi-
   homed.  This implies the availability of multiple Home Network
   prefixes, resulting on multiple HoAs for each MN........

Is the "multihomed home network" equal to the multiple home networks?
or what are their differences?
or could the "multihomed home network" be replaced with the "multiple home networks"?

I think, like a multihomed node, a multihomed home network should refer to a single home network (i.e. a network prefix) can be reachable through different paths. Therefore, for a single home network, no matter it is multhomed or not, it should be a home network prefix.

Is my understanding right?

Cheers,
Deguang

Geoff Huston schrieb:
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation Working Group of the IETF.

Title : Applicability Statement for the Level 3 Multihoming Shim Protocol (Shim6)
        Author(s)       : M. Bagnulo, J. Abley
        Filename        : draft-ietf-shim6-applicability-01.txt
        Pages           : 23
        Date            : 2006-6-7

This document discusses the applicability of the Shim6 IPv6 protocol
   element and associated support protocols to provide site multihoming
   capabilities in IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-applicability-01.txt