Re: clarification on my mic comments on HBA's

On 12-jul-2006, at 14:16, Joe Abley wrote:

This seems like something the working group should expect the IETF as an organisation to find properly-qualified opinions on. I don't understand why the organisation is instead seeking opinions from self-professed non-lawyers in the working group.

I agree that something better is needed, but I don't think it's a mystery why the IESG wants to know the opinion of the wg: generally, that's where the people are who are going to implement all of this so they should be able to determine through private pocesses whether this will be a show stopper for them or not.