RE: clarification on my mic comments on HBA's

Also one does not have to be a lawyer to read any disclosure that states
I will not enforce a patent on an IETF implemented work unless the
entity enforces a patent on the company holding the patent.

What this issue basiscally says is it is fine to use CGA from Company A.

But, if Company B builds fish tanks in the market and finds out Company
A is also building fish tanks and Company B enforces its patent against
Company A.  The the disclosure from Company A for totally not related
IETF CGA work says it can now enforce its CGA patent on Company B.

As CGA could be potentially widely integrated into all devices and nodes
(become pervasive) I am not clear the IETF should support or this
Working Group (per current rules of engagement as Geof stated) CGA
because of this issue.

That is my input to this working group for discussion and I guess a
decision.

Best,
/jim