Re: CGA Use with HBA in Shim6 IETF Meeting July 10, 2006

On 21-jul-2006, at 16:27, Francis Dupont wrote:

=> as TLS is in fact a session protocol this idea is good. The only
issue is it can work only when TLS is used... Unfortunately IMHO
we need a protocol at the network layer, no transport (aka SCTP) or
session (aka TLS) even it is more (too?) easy.

   Why??

=> just because we don't want to rewrite all applications to use SCTP or TLS.
Or this is not your question?

My suggestion was to protect the shim signalling with TLS, not the ULP traffic.