Some questions on shim6

Good day!

I am a newbie here; I am not an expert in shim and, frankly, I am not much involved with IPv6. Still, I am interested in this topic mostly on academic
grounds.

In particular, I have three questions.

1) Do you agree that shim6 is an "ad-hoc" (introduced to add multihoming
to IPv6)

2) Do you agree to the metaphor "shim6 is a kind of NAT inside the stack" ?

3) An alternate path of vectorizing TCP/UDP probably was considered in
the past. I mean, using multiple IPv6 addresses (a vector of) for a single TCP connection; vectorizing all calculations performed by TCP. Do you have
any links to past proposals/discussions regarding this approach?

(As you may notice, I am skeptical on shim6.)

		Thanks in advance.

							Victor Grishchenko
							research fellow
							IPAM USU