comments on draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-06.txt

Hi all,
A slight comments on draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-06.txt

-Page6
      Note 2: In theory, it would also be possible for hosts to learn
      about routing failures for a particular selected source prefix, if
      only suitable protocols for this purpose existed.  Some proposals
      in this space have been made, see, for instance
      [I-D.bagnulo-shim6-addr-selection] and
      [I-D.huitema-multi6-addr-selection], but none have been
      standardized to date.

This paragraph shows [I-D.bagnulo-shim6-addr-selection] and [I-D.huitema-multi6-addr-selection] are two unstandardized proposals for local routing failure detection. Then, I think the neighbour unreachability detection in [RFC2461] MAY be a standardized proposal for this purpose.
Right?

Cheers,
Deguang

Geoff Huston schrieb:

Hi,

This note starts the WG Last Call for comments on the three "base" Shim6 documents:

draft-ietf-shim6-proto-05.txt         "Level 3 multihoming shim protocol"
draft-ietf-shim6-hba-01 "Hash Based Addresses (HBA)"

draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-06 "Failure Detection and Locator Pair Exploration Protocol for IPv6
                                       Multihoming"

They can be found at:
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-proto-05.txt
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-hba-01.txt
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-06.txt

Please review the documents carefully, and send your feedback to the SHIM6 list. Please also indicate whether or not you believe that these documents
are ready to go to the IESG for publication as a set of Proposed Standards.

This Working Group Last Call will end in two weeks, on the 12th October 2006 at 0800, UTC+10

  Thanks,

        Geoff & Kurtis