comments on draft-ietf-shim6-proto-05.txt {2}

Hi all,
A slight comments on draft-ietf-shim6-proto-05.txt

-Page45
   When the Element length equals one, then the element consists of only
   a one octet flags field.  The currently defined set of flags are:

      BROKEN: 0x01

      TEMPORARY: 0x02

   The intent of TEMPORARY is to allow the distinction between more
   stable addresses and less stable addresses when shim6 is combined
   with IP mobility, when we might have more stable home locators, and
   less stable care-of-locators.

In above statement and context in this draft, no detailed explanation for "BROKEN" and its usage. I think it is better if there is some accurate explanations for BROKEN and how it is used in this Locator Preference option. Besides, the above explanation for "TEMPORARY" is still not clear for me. What are the more stable addresses and what are the less stable addresses? I think it is better if this draft could provides some special situations about them. Morever, I also can not understand how the TEMPORARY can be used to distinguish them.

Cheers,
Deguang

Geoff Huston schrieb:

Hi,

This note starts the WG Last Call for comments on the three "base" Shim6 documents:

draft-ietf-shim6-proto-05.txt         "Level 3 multihoming shim protocol"
draft-ietf-shim6-hba-01 "Hash Based Addresses (HBA)"

draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-06 "Failure Detection and Locator Pair Exploration Protocol for IPv6
                                       Multihoming"

They can be found at:
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-proto-05.txt
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-hba-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-06.txt

Please review the documents carefully, and send your feedback to the SHIM6 list. Please also indicate whether or not you believe that these documents are ready to go to the IESG for publication as a set of Proposed Standards.

This Working Group Last Call will end in two weeks, on the 12th October 2006 at 0800, UTC+10

  Thanks,

        Geoff & Kurtis