Re: Shim6 Working Group Last call on the Shim6 Document Set

Folks,

Kurtis and I have talked to our ADs this week, and following this discussion we'd like to propose the following for the SHIM6 meeting at IETF 67.

The last call of these document exposed a number of comments about specific aspects of these documents, but the last call was not clear enough, in our view to be able to make the call that we have rough consensus on passing these documents to the IESG for proposed publication of these three documents as Proposed Standards.

What we'd like to propose to the Working Group is to use the IETF 67 SHIM6 WG meeting for an extended review of the SHIM6 documents and clearly identify residual issues that would allow us to make a call of WG consensus to proceed to publication.

If there are any reviewers who would like to undertake a presentation of the salient points of their review, please let us know. otherwise we will be calling for review comments in the meeting and seeing what needs to be done to get to a clear point of consensus on these documents.

So we'd like to request WG members to review these documents:

   draft-ietf-shim6-proto
   draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection
   draft-ietf-shim6-hba

and come to the working group meeting with your comments.

If there are any other suggestions of agenda items, we'd be happy to take them on board, but we would like to concentrate on getting these documents to a state that we are happy to pass them onto the IESG with a call of rough consensus within the WG.

Thanks,

  Kurtis and Geoff

.