Re: draft-ietf-shim6-proto-06 : Context confusion

El 22/11/2006, a las 23:38, Erik Nordmark escribió:

Sébastien Barré wrote:

Now, there is an extreme solution for both cases :
- if following current spec, send all locators, then tune with locators preferences (as proposed earlier in this mail)

Why is this "extreme" in your mind?
That's how the protocol is designed AFAICT.

- if supporting scenario 1, having a local configuration that enforces
disjoint locator sets to stay disjoint during the whole life of the system. This seems to be more or less the solution of virtual hosts, and could probably be dealt with entirely as an implementation problem (because the requirement to check the context tag *and* the destination locator could then be replaced by the use of separate context tag spaces).

That seems like a sensible (and not "extreme") approach to me.

i am ok with this option, just wanted to verify that we are all on the same on this....

does anyone has a problem with this approach?

(i will be shipping the next version of the draft this weekend, i am already one week late from what we agreed on san diego :-(

Regards, marcelo

   Erik