Congestion issue [Re: shim6-proto-07 review]

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
2. Congestion

There is no discussion of congestion issues when the shim moves  ongoing communicaiton to another locator pair, which will generally  make the communication flow over a different path.

I am a little puzzled by this concern. In a conventional multihoming situation
where BGP4 routing changes, we get an unplanned and unexpected path change,
and TCP deals with it as best it can. As far as TCP is concerned, shim6 is
the same - an unexpected path change. On the "first do no harm" principle,
shim6 can do exactly the same as BGP4 multihoming - nothing.

Sending a "path change" warning to TCP would be a nice-to-have feature,
but isn't an immediate requirement IMHO.

    Brian