Re: About draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-07

Hi Matthijs,

Thanks for your comments. Sorry for the late reply; but I have
now treated your comments as WGLC comments and addressed
them as follows:

> When I was reading the draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-07 again, I
> got a little confused about the probe messages. The confusion is mainly
> a result of the example scenario described in appendix A.
>
> Luckily the confusion is almost completely solved :-). However I found
> two small type mismatches (and I think were not reported yet).
>
> 1) Section 5.1 Keepalive Message (Page 15)
>
> Type
>       This field identifies the Probe message and MUST be set to 66
>       (Keepalive).
>
> This should the "This field identifies the Keepalive message".

Good catch. Fixed in -09.

> 2) Appendix A Example 5 (Page 37)
>
> The Probe id=q should report that it received probe p, not q.

Right. Fixed in -09.

> Why is in the example shown that it received payload? Should a probe
> message be able to include this information? If so, the message format
> should be changed to handle this (or can the probe data field be used
> for this?). If not, 'received payload' should be removed from the example.
This must be a remnant from an earlier revision of the probe
messages which had this ability. I removed this part from the
example.

Jari