RE: shim6 control packets coming from unkown locators

Hi Marcelo,

Within the ENABLE project (www.ist-enable.org) SHIM6 has been evaluated as a
possible mobility solution. The fact that UPDATE REQUEST message that comes
from an unknown locator is not accepted was a problem in this context.

So, if this possibility is still open I would like to push for it, at least
for the UPDATE REQUEST message and if no security risks are introduced, of
course.

This would open the field for SHIM6 as a mobility solution, there are other
missing pieces being evaluated as well, because of its LOC/ID split nature.
This would be in addition to the multihoming support.

We will follow with attention whatever is said about this issue.

Regards,
Alvaro Vives
Consulintel

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org