Small question about draft-proto v10 - update ack

Hi,

I have almost finished implementing support of locator updates, and have now a small question relative to section 10.5 (receiving update acks).

I find strange the following lines :
---
o  If I2-SENT, then send R2 and proceed to process the message.

o  If I2BIS-SENT, then send R2 and proceed to process the message.
---
Why do we need to send an R2 if we are in I2-SENT state ?
Moreover, if we send an R2, the peer will infer that we are in ESTABLISHED state, and thus will never send its locators !

In section 10.4 (receiving update requests), something similar is written, but an I2 must be sent. I am not sure of how useful it is, but I implemented that, since it is in the draft and it is not harmful anyway.
But sending an R2 seems strange.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks,

Sébastien.