Re: successful termination? Or interest in resumption of the work?

Geoff,

There were the following drafts that are still WG documents at this stage:

- the outstanding applicability draft (draft-ietf-shim6-applicability-03.txt)

- the locator pair selection draft (draft-ietf-shim6-locator-pair-selection-04.txt)

- the API draft (draft-ietf-shim6-multihome-shim-api-07.txt)

There may be work on Illitsch's proposal to perform a faster algorithm in the failure detection / reachability area (he had a draft on this I recall)

There were areas about ULP / SHIM signalling to allow greater levels of control in an instance of a ULP and greater levels of feedback from the SHIM layer.

Right.

There appears to be interest in multipath TCP, andf the possible coupling of multipath TCP to Shim6

My understanding is that there are folks interested in pursuing multipath TCP, but they will have their own BOF, probably in Stockholm.

There was interest in proxy shim6 and a draft on the topic (draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-01.txt)

Right.

I must point out that the past two years has been spent largely waiting for the documents to clear the IESG, and the lack of work in this WG in the interim was due to a decision to await these core documents to be cleared through the IESG before picking up more work.

Indeed.

So if there is interst in picking up this work now, it would be good to hear from intersted individuals in response to Jari's call.

Yes.

Jari