Re: successful termination?

On 04/05/2009, at 2:10 AM, Christian Huitema wrote:

In my opinion, this discussion has shown that there would be useful work
to do for a continued Shim6 working group.  In particular Marcelo's
proposal to evolve Shim6 as a locator-pair-providing substrate for
multi-path TCP is a very good idea. One may even go a step further and
provide a similar service also for UDP-based applications.

Isn't that an argument for closing SHIM6 and chartering a new group with a new mission?

But SHIM6 works at the IP level Christian, so the simultaneous use of a number of locator pairs in supporting TCP also allows UDP flows to utilize the same service. From that perspective I don't see why the delta of effort here in incorporating UDP crosses some magic threshold at this point that forces the IETF to perform a WG shuffle.

  Geoff