Re: Reliable internet site

    Dear Brian,
Thanks for your quick and instructive answer.
    Many things are clear now in my mind. I have to run OSPF between RA and RC
for the first side, and between RC and RB for the second side.

> Now, you say that you want all traffic to 206.98.254.0/24 to go via the Telco
> link, presumably because these machines are all within your country
> and reached via the Telco. This is now easy to arrange: on router RA only, add
> a static route.
>
> ip route 206.98.254.0 255.255.255.0 serial0
>
> This will be learned by the other routers via OSPF. So even if a machine on
> Network B pings 206.98.254.1, the packet will be routed out via RC and RA.

    Okay. But what do you think about adding the same static route on RB?
    Ip route 206.98.254.0 255.255.255.0 eth0 ! I supposed the interface Eth0 on
RB is the one connected to RC.

Then all packets from Network B to network A will be redirected to RC and from
there to RA.
On RC I think the configuration will be simple like this:

! The eth0 on RC is connected to RA and eth1 to RB
Ip route 206.98.254.0 255.255.255.0 eth0
Ip route 192.0.2.0 255.255.255.0 eth1

> Unfortunately, we can't control the path the packet takes on the way back. When
> machine 206.98.254.1 sends a packet to 192.0.2.1, it will hit the Telco network
> which will send it out via the Internet, i.e. the "long way". If you want to
> fix this, you would have to get Telco to add a static route to
> network B on _their_ router - or set up proper peering using BGP.

    I will try to talk to telco telco technicians. I know it will be hard but i
have to do with.

> I don't know how to configure this on a Cisco, as I have never used Cisco NAT.

    Can someone tell me how to do NAT on Cisco routers?

Regards,

Aboubacar.

Aboubacar   KOUROUMA
Chief of Internet Department
ETI sa
Internet and Data processing technologies company in Guinea !
BP 5675 Conakry - République de Guinée