RE: WG Review: IPv6 Operations (v6ops)

Hi Pekka,

I responded why not DHCPv4 for the main DSTM spec in other mail last night.
But clearly there can be spec with DHCPv4 but that complicates DSTM and DHCPv6 fits exactly within the architecture of DSTM.

But as I said one user has chosen this path but more because there was no dhcpv6 implementation 6 months ago.

> > And to answer Rob's question.  Yes I know many customers who do
> > understand the DSTM assumptions.
> >
> > But one DSTM deployment is using DHCPv4 this way but only
> because DHCPv6
> > was not done.  The prime systems integrator just delivered a dhcpv6
> > solution to resolve that.  Again this is a trial network
> but it will be
> > the production network of tommorrow.
> >
> > Have you read the latest DSTM spec (like you asked me about Teredo)?
>
> Indeed, I have read the latest spec (but only cursorily, the
> only major
> thing that has changed is the applicability statement).  I
> also commented
> on -07 (and DSTM-* technologies) on the ngtrans list (17 Mar
> 2002).  Have
> you read my comments (I have received zero direct feedback)?

Hmmm.  I recall Octavio responding to you?  Can you repost I don't store IETF mail normally and for DSTM I just scanned and cannot find your input?  The update to draft 7 was just applicability per Alain Durand as chair and author too.\

Was it technical issue or deployment issue?

thanks

/jim