Re: SIIT/NAT64 is similar to RSIP

[ post by non-subscriber. with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to
miss and therefore delete mis-posts. so fix subscription addresses! ]

On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 12:01 AM, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

But it has serious advantages over NAT-PT.
It scales much better and does not break DNSsec.
	i do not really think it a major advantage.
	if you can use "AD is secure" proposal and let NAT-PT box to validate
	DNSsec signature, we can get the same effect with NAT-PT.
Using "AD is secure" add extra complexity.

Another big issue with NAT-PT: you can not use it
to enable an Ipv6-only resolver to query data from
an Ipv4 only DNS server... (in the general issue to make
DNS interoperate smoothly between IPv4 & IPv6 only worlds)

Also, as i explain earlier, NAT64 scales better.

	one big disadbantage: abuses IPv4 mapped address.
you still haven't convince me about the severity of those problems.
I think I made clear today that those issues can be addressed.

	- Alain.