Re: 3GPP soluations comments

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pekka Savola" <pekkas@netcore.fi>

> ==> IMO, I'm not 100% sure this number of legacy IPv4 nodes *IMS*
> communicates with is necessarily all that large.  If I understood correctly,
> that means basically v4-only SIP phones.  Are there really all that many of
> those.  SIP phones that could not be relatively easily upgraded to IPv6?  If
> the number of scenarios to support were to be shortened, IMO this would be
> among the first ones to go.

The Killer AP for IPv8 has always been voice...

http://www.vonage.com/howitworks_technology.php
"We use the emerging standard in the VoIP industry called SIP (Session Initiation Protocol).
This allows us to provide you with unsurpassed high speed internet phone service without
monopolizing your high-speed Internet connection."
====

Bandwidth is still important...as well as price of the service...in this case $39.95 per month...
...on top of the $50 per month for the high-speed connection...

What problem does IPv6 solve again ?

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...IPv16 is even closer...
http://www.netfilter.org/
http://www.analogx.com/contents/dnsdig.htm
http://ipv8.dyndns.tv
http://ipv8.yi.org