RE: ocean: do not boil

  > >>i don't think we should try to solve the problem of an arbitrary
  > >>user/service on a pure v6 site/host trying to communicate with a
  > >>user/service on a pure v4 site/host or vice versa.
  > >
  > >I agree with this.
  >
  > I don't agree with one case of this.  I think there is a
  > need to have IPv6
  > only hosts that are able to reach the same IPv4 services
  > that an IPv4 host
  > behind a NAT today can reach.  This will make IPv6 only
  > hosts much more
  > attractive than if they can only reach IPv6 services.  This
  > will make IPv6
  > only a real possibility for new deployments of new types of
  > devices.  If we
  > don't support this case, then these devices (and resulting
  > infrastructure)
  > will have to be dual stack.

=> I completely agree with Bob. I don't understand how we
can rule out the v6only => v4 only communication.
What do we say to operators who can't get enough
v4 addreses? Deploy a v4 NAT as well as IPv6?

I can understand that communication between a v4only
host initiating a connection with a v6 only host
is too difficult and probably should not be a priority.

Hesham